- Weight loss reversed obesity-induced HGF/c-Met pathway and basal-like breast cancer progression
- Gold Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF)
- Gillings School of Global Public Health chapter of Delta Omega
- The Tom and Elizabeth Long Research Award
- Fred and Pearle McCall and MaryAnn C. Farthing Scholarship!
Monthly Archives: February 2013
Dr. Liza Makowski is co-investigator on a grant for $249,995 awarded to principle investigator and collaborator Dr. Vickie Bae-Jump (OB-Gyn, UNC) for a project entitled “Obesity exposure across the lifespan on Ovarian Cancer.” This is the second DOD grant awarded … Continue reading
Yuanyuan Qin, doctoral candidate in the Makowski Lab, was selected to present her abstract as an oral presentation entitled “Fatty acid transport protein 1 mediates macrophage eicosanoid metabolism” at the FASEB ASN meeting in Boston on April 23, 2013 at … Continue reading
Photo from Keystone Metabolic Control of Inflammation, Breckenridge, CO 2013 Ebru Erbay, currently at Bilkent University in Turkey (http://www.bilkent.edu.tr/index.html), and Liza trained together at Harvard School of Public Health in the lab of Gokhan Hotamisligil (http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/gsh-lab/). Pictured with Ebru’s family.