Dr. Liza Makowski is co-investigator on a grant for $249,995 awarded to principle investigator and collaborator Dr. Vickie Bae-Jump (OB-Gyn, UNC) for a project entitled “Obesity exposure across the lifespan on Ovarian Cancer.” This is the second DOD grant awarded to Dr. Bae-Jump where Dr. Makowski serves as co-PI. Announcement HERE.
- UNC BCERP launches website to assess personal breast cancer risk
- Weight loss reversed obesity-induced HGF/c-Met pathway and basal-like breast cancer progression
- Gold Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF)
- Gillings School of Global Public Health chapter of Delta Omega
- The Tom and Elizabeth Long Research Award