- Weight loss reversed obesity-induced HGF/c-Met pathway and basal-like breast cancer progression
- Gold Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF)
- Gillings School of Global Public Health chapter of Delta Omega
- The Tom and Elizabeth Long Research Award
- Fred and Pearle McCall and MaryAnn C. Farthing Scholarship!
Monthly Archives: June 2013
Dr. Alex Freemerman, Research Associate in the Makowski Lab, was awarded the Nutrition Department Star Heel Award for his excellent service.
Liza Makowski, assistant professor of Nutrition, received an American Heart Association Beginning Grant-in-Aid entitled “The Role of Macrophage Substrate Metabolism in Atherosclerosis.” The grant will fund two years of research for a total of $77,000 per year.
Dr. Liza Makowski, assistant professor in the Department of Nutrition, received a research grant from the McAllister Heart Institute – UNC Cardiology grant program for a $20,000 grant to pursue a project examining the role of Mφ substrate metabolism in … Continue reading
Dr. Liza Makowski, assistant professor in the Department of Nutrition, received a research grant from The Mary Kay Foundation 2013 for $100,000 over two years to study obesity and basal-like breast cancer.