Liza Makowski, assistant professor of Nutrition, received an American Heart Association Beginning Grant-in-Aid entitled “The Role of Macrophage Substrate Metabolism in Atherosclerosis.” The grant will fund two years of research for a total of $77,000 per year.
- Celebration of Undergraduate Research poster award
- Exciting news and recognition for members of the Makowski Lab in 2015
- Ethel J. Coleman Endowed Scholarship in Nutritional Biochemistry
- UNC BCERP launches website to assess personal breast cancer risk
- Weight loss reversed obesity-induced HGF/c-Met pathway and basal-like breast cancer progression