Dr. Liza Makowski, assistant professor in the Department of Nutrition, received a research grant from the McAllister Heart Institute – UNC Cardiology grant program for a $20,000 grant to pursue a project examining the role of Mφ substrate metabolism in the promotion of inflammation and atherogenesis.
- Celebration of Undergraduate Research poster award
- Exciting news and recognition for members of the Makowski Lab in 2015
- Ethel J. Coleman Endowed Scholarship in Nutritional Biochemistry
- UNC BCERP launches website to assess personal breast cancer risk
- Weight loss reversed obesity-induced HGF/c-Met pathway and basal-like breast cancer progression