Dr. Liza Makowski, assistant professor in the Department of Nutrition, received a research grant from the McAllister Heart Institute – UNC Cardiology grant program for a $20,000 grant to pursue a project examining the role of Mφ substrate metabolism in the promotion of inflammation and atherogenesis.
- Weight loss reversed obesity-induced HGF/c-Met pathway and basal-like breast cancer progression
- Gold Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF)
- Gillings School of Global Public Health chapter of Delta Omega
- The Tom and Elizabeth Long Research Award
- Fred and Pearle McCall and MaryAnn C. Farthing Scholarship!