Yuanyuan Qin, doctoral graduate student in the Makowski lab was awarded a $1,000 Sabin Family Travel Grant from the UNC McAllister Heart Institute to attend the 2013 FASEB-ASN meeting where she was invited to orally present her project on lipid metabolism in macrophages.
- UNC BCERP launches website to assess personal breast cancer risk
- Weight loss reversed obesity-induced HGF/c-Met pathway and basal-like breast cancer progression
- Gold Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF)
- Gillings School of Global Public Health chapter of Delta Omega
- The Tom and Elizabeth Long Research Award