Dr. Liza Makowski, assistant professor in the Department of Nutrition, received a research grant from The Mary Kay Foundation 2013 for $100,000 over two years to study obesity and basal-like breast cancer.
- UNC BCERP launches website to assess personal breast cancer risk
- Weight loss reversed obesity-induced HGF/c-Met pathway and basal-like breast cancer progression
- Gold Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF)
- Gillings School of Global Public Health chapter of Delta Omega
- The Tom and Elizabeth Long Research Award