Luma Essaid (BSPH undergrad ’15) of the Makowski Lab won the 2014 Gillings Poster Award as part of the Experience Gillings 2014 event for her poster entitled “Weight loss prevents obesity-associated basal-like breast cancer progression: Role of hepatocyte growth factor/C-Met.” Congratulations Luma!
- Ethel J. Coleman Endowed Scholarship in Nutritional Biochemistry
- UNC BCERP launches website to assess personal breast cancer risk
- Weight loss reversed obesity-induced HGF/c-Met pathway and basal-like breast cancer progression
- Gold Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF)
- Gillings School of Global Public Health chapter of Delta Omega