- UNC BCERP launches website to assess personal breast cancer risk
- Weight loss reversed obesity-induced HGF/c-Met pathway and basal-like breast cancer progression
- Gold Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF)
- Gillings School of Global Public Health chapter of Delta Omega
- The Tom and Elizabeth Long Research Award
Monthly Archives: April 2014
Congratulations to Liza Makowski who will be inducted into the Gillings School of Global Public Health chapter of Delta Omega, the national public health honorary society
Congratulations to Luma Essaid, BSPH ’15, who has been awarded the Tom and Elizabeth Long Research Award for 2014-2015 from Honors Carolina at UNC-CH.
Congratulations to Trinh Le, MPH/RD candidate in the Makowski lab who won a Gillings School-wide Fred and Pearle McCall scholarship & a Nutrition Department MaryAnn C. Farthing Scholarship!
The Office for Undergraduate Research (OUR) awarded Luma Essaid (BSPH ’14) a Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) for research in the Makowski Lab. Luma was also awarded a $2,000 Scholarship through UNC Health Care’s Volunteer Association! Congrats Luma!