- Celebration of Undergraduate Research poster award
- Exciting news and recognition for members of the Makowski Lab in 2015
- Ethel J. Coleman Endowed Scholarship in Nutritional Biochemistry
- UNC BCERP launches website to assess personal breast cancer risk
- Weight loss reversed obesity-induced HGF/c-Met pathway and basal-like breast cancer progression
Category Archives: Talks
Photo from Keystone Metabolic Control of Inflammation, Breckenridge, CO 2013 Ebru Erbay, currently at Bilkent University in Turkey (http://www.bilkent.edu.tr/index.html), and Liza trained together at Harvard School of Public Health in the lab of Gokhan Hotamisligil (http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/gsh-lab/). Pictured with Ebru’s family.
Congratulations to Amy R. Johnson, Ph.D., a postdoctoral fellow in the lab of Liza Makowski, for being chosen to receive a Keystone Symposia Scholarship to attend the Jan. 2013 meeting ‘Metabolic Control of Inflammation and Immunity’ in Colorado.
Congratulations to Amy R. Johnson, Ph.D., a postdoctoral fellow in the lab of Liza Makowski for winning the postdoc chalk talk competition focusing on her project “The Role of Substrate Metabolism and Macrophage Activation in Obesity” in September at the … Continue reading
Obesity and Diabetes: Recent Advancements Reveal There’s More to the StoryTuesday, March 8, 2011 http://www.ncresearchcampus.net/media-center/obesity-and-diabetes.aspx